According to the North Georgia Conference website, North Carolina is still in the emergency stage in many areas following the hurricane and it will take time to make the situation safe for teams to respond. This is a rapidly changing situation and we will be checking for updates regularly. They share that we can be the most helpful to our neighbors by following the best practices below:
* Prayers and giving are our most effective first response. [Monetary donations may be submitted to Calhoun First UMC and noting on the memo line for checks Fund #9431, Hurricane Florence Relief.]
* We are well-stocked with UMCOR Relief Kits. (Thank you!) Watch for the request for more kits when they are needed.
* Do not collect unrequested items.
* Do not self-deploy, but wait for the official invitation to respond. We are at our best when disaster response is coordinated locally.
* Check your church calendar. When can your church plan a mission trip in the next 6 months? Over the summer? Over a long weekend? We have not yet received an invitation to deploy but know the need will be great and will be ongoing for weeks and months, even years to come.
MISSIONS AT CFUMC
Calhoun First United Methodist Church proudly participates in the following missions, among many others:
Contact the church office to find out how to serve.
Scotland – Tim & Ansley (Cleveland) Crabtree
Kenya – Humphrey Kanga