Calhoun First UMC is a community of believers who love God, believe in and follow Jesus, are empowered by the Holy Spirit, and show God’s radical love to others as we serve our community and the world.
To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of our community and the world.
We will do this through our 9 Core Values:
1) Pray: We are dependent on God for His power and strength and desire to connect with God in a living relationship. (1 Thessalonians 5:17, Philippians 4:4-7, James 5:13-17)
2) Tell: I will tell other people about Jesus because of the excitement I have in my heart for Him. (2 Peter 3:15, Hebrews 12:14-15, John 1:35-41)
3) Welcome: I will invite others in as family and show them hospitality. (Matthew 18:5, Hebrews 13:2)
4) Disciple: I will invest my life in Jesus and others for the purpose of building passionate, devoted, and mature believers in Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-19, Matthew 16:13-17, Matthew 17:1-11)
5) Involve: I connect and make myself available for Jesus’ purposes. (2 Timothy 4:6)
6) Worship: My life bows before God, honors God and lifts God up. God is everything to me. (Psalm 95:6-7)
7) Serve: I am going to show the tangible love of God through acts of kindness in the name of Jesus. (Matthew 25:31-46)
8) Give: I give the best of my self – my resources, my time, and my talents to Jesus – surrendered for his purposes. (Matthew 25:14-18)
9) Glorify: I honor God with my life. (Psalm 86:12)